Manchester Microscopical & Natural History Society
Try this out along the lines of a Pub Trivia
Quiz - read out by the quizmaster and about 1 minute
per question. We used this at a recent meeting when
our speaker could not attend at the last minute.
Maximum 30 marks: - Team A scored 11 and Team B
scored 19 ! We then retired to the local hostelry -
the Jabez Clegg, drinks bought by the losers!
matters Answers in red
1. In which year was the MMS established?
2. Who was its first President?
Dr John Tatham
3. What is the exact name of the society's newsletter?
4. What is the address of the society's website?
5. How many members does the society currently have?
Round 2: Microscope
Round 3: Microscopes
12. Which companies produced the famous Van Heurck
and Edinburgh microscopes
13. Who invented the phase-contrast microscope &
14. What is a SEM and a STM?
15. In which year was the Royal Microscopical Society
Round 4: Miscellaneous
Round 5: Picture Quiz
John Benjamin Dancer
Foraminifera – Dogs
Total: 20-30 Excellent, 10-19 Satisfactory, 0-9 Terrible!
|Top of Page|
Page Last Updated - 21 September 2005 (Mike Mahon)